Map of Parliament Hill
National Capital Region
We want you to make the most
of your visit to Parliament Hill!
The Parliament of Canada is open to visitors free of charge, seven days a week. Take a guided tour of Centre Block, attend live debates or explore the Peace Tower and Memorial Chamber.
What you should
know before you arrive
Directions and hours
- Location: Parliament Hill is located on Wellington Street in downtown Ottawa.
- Parking: Only authorized vehicles are permitted on the Hill, and there is no parking available to the public. Numerous public and municipal
parking lots are located nearby.
Arrangements can be made for visitors with mobility challenges to be transported to the entrance by contacting the Parliamentary Access and Reservation System at 613-996-0960 or DAB-BQA@parl.gc.ca.
- Hours: Building hours and tour schedules vary throughout the year and are subject to change without notice. Please see Visitor News for the latest updates, and consult the links on the left for tour times.
Where to go once you arrive
- Security: All visitors to the Parliament Buildings are required to go through security scanning. Line-ups are to be expected, so we recommend that you allow extra time.
At minimum, visitors must wear casual dress and footwear.
Participating in any form of demonstration inside the buildings is prohibited, including wearing items or clothing with visible political messages.
- Accessibility and Special Needs: All facilities are wheelchair
accessible, and we make every effort to accommodate visitors with special needs. For more information or to request sign language interpretation services, please contact our reservations office at 613-996-0896.
- Souvenirs: The Parliamentary Boutique offers
a wide variety of souvenirs for purchase. Visit us onsite in
Centre Block or through the online catalogue.
- Cost: All tours are offered free of charge.
- Tickets: Individuals and groups of fewer than 10 people can get same-day tickets beginning at 9 a.m. daily. Tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, and the number of tickets available each day is limited. Tour availability cannot be guaranteed on any given day.
- Reservations: You are only required to make
reservations for groups of 10 people or more. Refer to Group
Reservations for more information.
- Length: Tour length varies between 20 and
60 minutes depending on parliamentary activity.
- Teachers: Visit School
Tours for additional information about bringing classes to Parliament