LEGISinfo is an essential research tool for finding information on legislation before Parliament. This tool provides electronic access to a wide range of information about each bill, such as:
- details on the passage of the bill through the Senate and House of Commons;
- the text of the bill as introduced at First Reading and its most recent version if it is amended during the legislative process;
- major speeches at second reading;
- coming into force data;
- legislative summaries from the Parliamentary Information and Research Service of the Library of Parliament; and
- government press releases and backgrounders (for government bills).
LEGISinfo is a collaborative effort of the Senate, the House of Commons and the Library of Parliament.