Standing Committee on Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
Comité permanent des ressources humaines, du développement des compétences, du développement social et de la condition des personnes handicapées
For immediate release
2017 CENTENNIAL FLAME RESEARCH AWARD
Ottawa, April 12, 2017
The Standing Committee on Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities is inviting Canadians with disabilities to apply for the 2017 Centennial Flame Research Award.
In accordance with the Centennial Flame Research Award Act, this annual monetary award is given to a person with a disability to enable him or her to conduct research and prepare a report on one or more Canadians with disabilities who have made a contribution to Canadian public life or to the activities of Parliament.
Funding for this award is collected from the Centennial Flame monument on Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, and the monetary donations made to the Centennial Flame Research Award Fund. The total value of the award for 2017 is $5,500.
For your application to be considered, the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a person with a disability;
- You must submit a letter of presentation in which:
- You describe who you are and identify your disability;
- You describe your work experience and/or your community involvements;
- You say why you deserve the award;
- You elaborate further on your proposed subject and your research methodology;
- You must submit a letter of support for your application from a person of your choice other than the subject of the research;
- You must submit proof of Canadian citizenship;
- All required documents must be sent to the Clerk of the Committee and must be postmarked on or before Friday, June 30, 2017.
Those interested in more information on this award may consult the Committee's website or contact the Clerk of the Committee.
- 30 -
|For more information, please contact:|
|Julie Geoffrion, Clerk of the Committee|