For the Position of Canadian Parliamentary Poet Laureate 2014-2016
Deadline to submit nominations: Wednesday 3 July 2013
- In order to give equal representation to Canada’s two official languages, Poets Laureate are selected alternately from each official language community. For the 2014-2016 term, a francophone Poet will be selected.
- Candidates must be residents of Canada.
Criteria for selection
- have made significant contributions to the literary community;
- have a substantial record demonstrating literary excellence;
- be available to travel throughout Canada to promote the value of poetry;
- be available to participate in parliamentary events, as required.
Process for nomination
Please submit nominations by completing the nomination form and send to:
The nominator must inform the nominee of the submission.
If you have questions, please call 613-992-4793 or 1-866-599-4999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org