1998 Learning Strategies
Learning Strategy 57
Massaging the Message /Lesson 2 : Going to the Source
Bruce Fisher (NS), Diane Lessels (ON), Peter Macleod (QC), Cameron Murray (BC), Ray Robertson (SK), Phyllis Schumacher (AB)
- To develop
the critical analysis skill necessary to
deal with fundamental issues relating to
Canadian parliamentary democracy.
To develop the critical analysis skills necessary to deal with the media and government as well as issues raised in the House of Commons.
- To evaluate the role of the media in a Parliamentary democracy.
- Students will compare an issue raised in Question Period with its portrayal in the media.
- CPAC video of Question Period.
- Video tape of different television broadcasters (ex. CTV, CBC, Radio-Canada, Global)
- Newspapers (national, regional and local)
- Weekly Canadian news magazine
Instruction or Activity Sheet (if applicable)
of Student Success
* The ideas and opinions expressed in the Learning Strategies belong to their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Parliament. The Library of Parliament does not edit the Learning Strategies for content accuracy or currency of information.