ABOUT THE LIBRARY
About the Library
The Library of Parliament is a dynamic employer providing stimulating, meaningful and rewarding work in a non-partisan environment.
Doors Open Ottawa 2015
The Library of Parliament’s historic 125 Sparks Street location will be open to visitors as part of Doors Open Ottawa on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7. For detailed information visit Doors Open Ottawa
More Pages from Canada’s Past: The Journals Now Available Online
The Library of Parliament, in collaboration with Canadiana.org, invites you to discover the Canadian Parliamentary Historical Resources portal, an expanded version of our Historical Debates portal launched in 2013. The Portal offers easy to use browse and search functions of the historical collection of Journals and Debates of the Parliament of Canada in both official languages. Read more…
Call for Nominations for Canada’s Next Parliamentary Poet Laureate
The Parliament of Canada issued this week a call for nominations to begin the search for Canada’s seventh Parliamentary Poet Laureate whose role is to promote the importance and value of poetry among Canadians. The deadline for nominations is July 3, 2015. For more information, please visit the Parliament of Canada Web site at www.parl.gc.ca/poet.
Ask us a Question
Do you need information about Parliament? Contact us at
Toll-free (Canada): 1 (866) 599-4999
Telephone: 1 (613) 992-4793
TTY: 1 (613) 995-2266
What is ALPHEUS? In the spirit of Alpheus Todd, Canada’s first Parliamentary Librarian, the Library has created an information request system for its parliamentary clients. ALPHEUS serves as a one-stop portal for submitting and tracking information and material requests throughout the parliamentary network.
Information About Parliament
- PARLINFO. Discover facts about the important events and people that shaped Parliament since 1867.
- How Canadians Govern Themselves. Used by tens of thousands around the world to understand the Canadian system of government
- Our Country, Our Parliament. For high school students studying English and French as a second language.
- More Publications About Parliament
Research and Analysis
The Parliamentary Budget Officer
The Library of Parliament’s Parliamentary Budget Officer provides independent analysis to Parliament on the state of the nation's finances, the government's estimates and trends in the Canadian economy.
- LEGISinfo is Parliament's "one-stop-shop" for information on all proposed legislation.
Research PublicationsFollow @LoPResearch
This portal offers full-text searchable access to the complete collection of digital versions of historical Debates and Journals of the Parliament of Canada in both official languages.Follow @LoPInformation
Services to the Public
- Visitor Information including guided tours of the Parliament buildings, tour times, events and how to gain access to public galleries.
- Mementoes of Parliament Hill from the Parliament Hill Boutique.
- The Parliamentary Poet Laureate
Experience the inner workings of Parliament from the convenience of your home or classroom.